MN Chapter Event Announcements
Saturday, September 14, 2013, 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The next Minn. Chapter Meeting will be located at Minnesota Landscape Arboretum near Chaska
There will be 15 different clinics represented, and each speaker will have ten minutes to tell about his or her clinic. After each five presentations, there will be a Q & A session and then a break.
The 15 presentations will represent 11 Metro area clinics and 4 out-state clinics in Crookston, Fairmont, Mankato, and Willmar. Presenters will be 14 MD/DO's, 3 ND's, 2 NP's, and one LP, one CMT, and one LAc. There are more than 15 presenters (22 to be exact) because some clinics will have co-presenters.
Registration Details for September 14
1. Contact Bill Manahan by email if you plan to attend at email@example.com. No payment now; that will occur on site. Pre-registration is necessary so food can be ordered.
2. The meeting is open to whomever wishes to attend. Usually the MN meetings are only for members of the group, but everyone is welcome at this meeting.
3. The cost is $30 at the door. That pays for breakfast, drinks, room rent, AV equipment, and planning costs. Students are $10.
4. Once again - to register, just email firstname.lastname@example.org. The $30 fee will be paid on site, and with only checks or cash.
5. Please try to arrive by 8 or 8:15 am so there is time for registration, breakfast, and networking from 8 to 8:45 am. The presentations will begin at 8:45 am.
Details about the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
1. The Arboretum gate opens at 7:30 am. You get in free, so tell the person at the gate you are attending a conference. Parking is free. The usual entrance fee is $12.
2. The address is 3675 Arboretum Drive, Chaska. It is located 4 miles west of Chanhassen on Highway 5.
3. After parking your car, walk toward the big building on the right to find the conference room.
4. If you wish to explore the Arboretum, you can have lunch at the Arboretum cafeteria and then spend as much time as you wish that afternoon walking the 1,100 acre grounds.
What will the speakers discuss?
1. Logistics of their practice such as location, types of practitioners, how the clinic began, primary care or referral, insurance or cash-based, etc.
2. Types of patients the clinic most likes to focus on
3. What is going well and is most exciting about the practice
4. What are the challenges faced by the practice
5. How much collaboration is there among the various practitioners, and how does that occur
Each speaker/clinic will have ten minutes. Five presenters/clinics will speak. There will then be about ten minutes for Q & A followed by a short break.
There will be a large table at the conference for any practitioners and clinics to share promotional material about their clinic.
If you have any questions, e-mail email@example.com
April 2, 2013
Book Release and Speaking Event
5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Greg Plotnikoff (medical doctor) and Mark Weisberg (psychology doctor), have written a book titled Trust Your Gut: Get Lasting Healing from IBS and Other Chronic Digestive Problems Without Drugs
. The book does an excellent job of presenting a holistic psycho-social-physical-environmental approach to GI problems.
On Tuesday, April 2, from 5:30 to 7:30 pm, Pathways Health Crisis Resource Center is hosting a book release and speaking event at the Ritz Theater at 345 13th Avenue NE in Minneapolis. The Ritz Theatre has donated use of their space, and Lucia Watson of Lucia's has donated the appetizers to Pathways for this event. Additionally, all books sold at the event have been donated to Pathways. Therefore, all proceeds from the event go to support Pathways, a uniquely important holistic health resource in our community (www.pathwaysminneapolis.org
). Some of the members of our Minnesota Holistic Medicine Group volunteer for and support Pathways (such as Greg Plotnikoff, Jen Blair, Erin O'Meara, and others), so this is everyone's chance to contribute to this wonderful not-for-profit organization.
Appetizers from Lucia's Restaurant will begin at 5:30 along with a Cash Bar. The program with Greg and Mark speaking will begin at 6 pm.
Books available for purchase and signing
Tickets $15 in advance and $20 at the door
April 20 - 21, 2013
Two-Day Women's Retreat at the Marsh
For those of us who want to be clear about our legacy and calling as we move into the last 30 years of our lives, it helps to consult our unconscious and connect with the powerful wisdom of a women's circle.
Glenda Cedarleaf, Clinical Hypnotherapist and Holistic Psychotherapist (who recently relocated from Minneapolis to Raleigh NC) and Psychologist Dr. Mary Lynn Patton have a passion about the topic of the "Third Act." They are leading a 2-day women's retreat at the Marsh to explore this journey of our lives.
This is a very experiential retreat that includes Guided Imagery, SoulCollage(R), Inspired Movement, Journaling, Sharing and Fun. To learn more about the retreat, to read testimonials and see a video about the "Third Act" Retreat please visit: http://www.wisewomanretreat.com/thirdactmarsh.html
Contact: Glenda Cedarleaf (at firstname.lastname@example.org
March 1 - 3, 2013
AHMA Resilient Healer Retreat with Henry Emmons, MD
January 19, 2013
Minn. Chapter Conference
Located at the Carondelet Center in St. Paul
From 7:30 to 8:30 will be registration, a buffet breakfast, and socializing (There is no pre-registration required.)
The conference will go from 8:30 to noon.
The price is $25 (to cover food, AV equipment, and room rent). Students are $5.
August 18, 2012
Stop Lyme Disease: Common Sense Tips to Tame the Tick (2-hour lecture- free of charge)- Golden Valley, MN
Objective of Class:
1. Share common sense tips to prevent Lyme Disease
2. Define what Lyme Disease is and what are common symptoms
3. Share information regarding allopathic and natural medicinal treatments/support for healing from Lyme Disease
4. Learn how important the body-mind-spirit connection is in preventing and/or healing from Lyme disease
Paula Quinlan - Certified Natural Health Professional, Lyme Survivor and Thriver (using natural medicinal support) 612-719-0228 or email@example.com
Saturday Afternoon, August 18, 2012
1:15 PM to 3:15 PM
Byerly’s Community Room, 5725 Duluth St., Golden Valley MN 55442 (back of restaurant, private room, Hwy 100/Duluth St exit)
Free to the public, but please pre-register by August 17 so you can receive handouts (and we will know how many to make)
September 27, 2012
Bringing an Integrative Approach to Psychiatric Mental Health Care- Minneapolis, MN
This looks like an excellent program to learn about integrative mental health from practitioners in Minnesota. Many of the presenters are members of our group including Merrie Kaas, Henry Emmons, Pat Culliton, Cathy Bogolub, and Sue Towey. For details, click here
Following this Sept. 27 Mental Health Conference, there is a two-day Summit of Sages Conference
. For details, click here.
One of my heroes, Riane Eisler, will be a presenter.
December 8, 2012
MN Chapter Gathering
The purpose of this meeting is to bring together heart-centered practitioners with an interest in exploring how to develop a practice 1) that is of service to people; 2) that is joyful and fun; 3) that allows us to work with like-minded people; and 4) that encourages us to work with practitioners from multiple disciplines. My goal is to 1) connect practitioners; 2) explore YOUR ideas of an ideal practice; and 3) help you actually manifest your ideal practice.